Friday, January 20, 2012

Melissa's Famous Scones


I was printing this recipe tho make these for a bridal shower tomorrow. I thought I'd post it here while I was at it! They are delish. Anytime I have a shower or brunch,
 I always ask my friend Melissa to make these!
 They vanish quickly, watch out :)
Enjoy!

Melissa's Famous Scones

1 1/4  cups flour
1 1/2  tsp. baking powder
   1/4 tsp. salt
   1/4 cup cold butter
3 TBSP sugar
   1/3 cup milk

additions: 1/2 cup  (choc. chips or dried cranberries)

* Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
* cut butter into pieces
* Use pastry blender & work butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly
* Add sugar and additions
* Toss with fork
* Add milk & stir until it holds together
* gather into ball and kneed 10x
* pat into 6-8 inch circle
* cut into 8 wedges (but leave together in a circle - "scoring it")
* brush with milk and sprinkle with decorative sugar crystals (optional)
* Bake @ 425 degrees for 12-14 minutes
* remove scones to cool
* serve warm with your favorite jam and cream - yum!