Monday, February 21, 2011

great read!

I was given this book  The Fruit of Her Hands: Respect and the Christian Woman by my discipler and friend, Danelle Bancroft before she moved a few years ago. It was super helpful and convicting to me at a time that I was trying balance being a wife, mom, and business owner. It helped give me a clear picture of my biblical priorities and pointed me to love the Lord and know his word better. But having my brain in a million places, I never finished the book! Lame! And stuck it back on the shelf, only to forget about it.
But last week, we had some friends over for dinner and one of the wives mentioned this book. She raved about how her and her sisters read it and how eye opening and helpful it was. As she talked about it, I knew I had to find it the next morning! There it was on the shelf, I pulled it down and started to read. So encouraged, convicted and challenged. It is such a helpful reminder of who we are to be not only as women, but as Christians. It's rooted in scripture and so simply points us to the Savior and to the simplicity of our salvation, and the simplicity of the Christian life. It was also such a marriage refresher on loving and respecting my husband, reminding me of why and how to be a helper and joy to my husband.

I love these quotes:
" We have to know more than how to be a good wife, We have to know how to be good Christians, and if we are good Christians we will be good wives and mothers"

"I many situations, it is no wonder we don't know what to do- we aren't in the Word. How can we know what God requires if we are not reading what He has written (Deut 8:3)?"

If you're looking for a new read to challenge your soul, or need a reminder of your biblical priorities, this book will do it! I know...the cover and title aren't the most intriguing :) but I promise the content is! I hope you Enjoy it as much as I am! 
Cj

( p.s. Thank you Danelle for giving me this book, you disciple me still, as I read this book I'm reminded of your love for Christ, your love and respect for your husband, your faithful example as a godly mother and homemaker, and your faithfulness to serve and love the church

and Courtney, thank you for reminding me that I had this book, and that I needed to read it :)

3 comments:

Ashley Wauhop said...

thanks for the recommendation! i'm excited to read this soon :)

Kelli said...

Amen sister! Love that book!...and congrats on the boy. :)

Unknown said...

Yeah! I am glad that you pulled the book out to read and glad it was so encouraging/convicting!