Wednesday, February 23, 2011

DIY ghetto fabulous - book shelves

(pic from Ministry of Deco)

I haven't been doing too much design dreaming for our house recently, I just don't really know where we are going or what we are doing with the house. To move or not to move, that is the question :) We have had our house for sale since mid Fall and show the thing constantly... like almost everyday constantly :) We had an offer in, but the people had a change of heart. So we are back to waiting to see where the Lord wants us to be, and if moving is in His plans.

I haven't been looking at my design blogs, because my brain gets going too fast and I know if we are moving it will be a waste to re-do stuff here! But I did stumble across this great idea @  Table Tonic (a great Australian design blog) , a wonderfully "ghetto fabulous" idea of turning cheap IKEA spice racks into super cool book shelves! They really could hold anything! (photos, vases, candles) And they can be painted any color you can imagine! What a fun accent to a child's room, so functional too. I will be stealing this idea once I figure out which house I am going to hang them in :)
BEKVÄM Spice rack  Width: 15 3/4 " Depth: 3 7/8 " Height: 3 1/2 "  Width: 40 cm Depth: 10 cm Height: 9 cm
and @ $3.99 each, they definitely qualify for the ghetto fabulous category :)
Looking forward to using these soon! I know my boys will enjoy them!
Cj