I got a request for some vegetarian recipes so here a few I've posted in the past and LOVE and a new one that is becoming staple around here!
1. I found this Raw Vegan Pate recipe and was shocked at how tasty and flavorful it was. I love this book Raw Foods on a Budget by Brandi Rollins that a friend lent me . It has been very fun to play around with totally raw recipes! If you can do grains, you can use it on a sandwich as a chicken or egg salad substitute, or if you're a stricter vegetarian or vegan can serve it with raw veggies and eat it more like a hearty dip!
1/3 c. raw sunflower seeds
1/3 c. raw cashews
1/3-1/2 cup chopped carrots
2 large celery stalks
1/3 medium apple
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp stone ground mustard
1. Process the sunflower seeds in a food processor until the seeds turn into a nutty flour. This takes 20-30 seconds.
2. Add the cashews to the food processor and process for 15 to 20 seconds.
3. Chop the carrots, celery, and apple. Add to the food processor and pulse until mixture blends smoothly.
4. Juice the lemon and add to the food processor. Next, add the salt and mustard and process until the mixture reaches the texture you prefer
You can watch how to make it here :)
2. This Giada soup recipe is so good and a favorite here. Just sub the chicken broth for vegetable broth! perfect rainy day dinner :)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 pound lentils (approximately 1 1/4 cups)
- 11 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 4 to 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2/3 cup dried elbow pasta
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
Heat the oil in a heavy large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper and saute until all the vegetables are tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juices. Simmer until the juices evaporate a little and the tomatoes break down, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Add the lentils and mix to coat. Add the broth and stir. Add the thyme sprigs. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and simmer over low heat until the lentils are almost tender, about 30 minutes.
Stir in the pasta. Simmer until the pasta is tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Dairy free, grain free, vegan cookies, that might change your life. :)
GF chocolate chip cookies
1&1/4 c almond flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 c dark chocolate chips
1/4 c oil (grapeseed or olive)
1/4 c honey or maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
Mix wet and dry ingredients. Roll cookies into 1 inch balls. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Press balls to flatten. Bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes.