Tuesday, September 27, 2011

teal mirror facelift


I bought this mirror at a yard sale from a cool 1920's house in the "college hill's" area of Glendale. (a great neighborhood for antiques) It was in great shape so I thought I'd just leave it in it's original wood state. But after I hung it on the wall in a few different spots, it just felt too old lady looking! It needed a little facelift!
This is my secret product...It works like a charm, I cover everything in this :)
Rustoleum Satin Aqua


After 1/2  a can spray paint, this thing was spunky in no time! I sprayed it and let it dry over night. The next morning, I took some 120 grit sand paper and just quickly gave it a fast scrub (especially on the detailed carved parts). These are my kind of projects, quick and super easy!

Enjoy! CJ

3 comments:

the e-wife, Karen said...

I so want to go garage sale hopping with you! Please invite me sometime! :-)

Bethany said...

what color and brand of spray paint?!?!?

Carly Jean Brannon said...

Let's do it Karen!

Bethany, It's Rustoleum Satin Aqua!

Cj