Friday, September 30, 2011

House Week: Don't be frightened!

I don't really know what this house week is but I'm going with it! :)

Ok, this is really scary. Remember the craft closet...
 from this post Just do it!?!
Well this is maybe scarier :/ eek!
We moved to this house in mid May and I had Tucker June 6th, after all the baby adventures and then trying to unpack, settle in to a new home, recover from c-section, figure out life with 3 little ones, ministry, and plenty more....this was the last place to really get dealt with. Other areas were of much higher priority to organize than my closet and so it became the great abyss! Half the closet wasn't even out of boxes! So, it was finally time! Chad had a busy week last week and was gone a few evenings, perfect time to tear this thing apart while the boys were asleep and the house was quiet!
This is the before pic. Ahhh!  Yes, I know, quite frightening :/
But there was hope for this disaster of a space...
I emptied the space entirely, and started new. Only things that were in good shape and were things I really loved and wore went back in. I didn't spend a dime on organizing stuff, I just used what I already had and a actually found a few hanging organizers I had bought a while back, but were never used!
These ROCK! I hung most my jewelry in these and put one on Chads closet door for his small stuff like watches and cuff links, etc. I grabbed them at Target a while back for around $7?! Well worth it!
( and that is Chad my super hot project buddy holding the organizer, I don't have man hands, just in case you were wondering :)
These are great if you have a small space! They really do help maximize hanging space and allowed me to easily hang pants and skirts together.


Shoe boxes were the ghetto but fabulous drawer organizers for the dressers :), the pics won't upload for some reason?

Here's the end result to our closet makeovers...
oh my goodness, there's a floor!
these ikea kitchen bars work great for necklaces!
 BYGEL Rail - 21 ¾ " - IKEA @ $1.99 a piece! 
 Beat that Container Store, you'd charge me $20!
this side got a little make over too :)


I am now loving this space! It's crazy how enjoyable it is to have things organized!
And after getting rid of half my closet I feel like I actually have way more options, because I can find things!

I love this quote, such a great reminder to me!

Procrastination:

No unwelcome tasks become any the less unwelcome by putting them off till tomorrow. It is only when they are behind us and done, that we begin to find that there is a sweetness to be tasted afterwards, and that the remembrance of unwelcome duties unhesitatingly done is welcome and pleasant. Accomplished, they are full of blessing, and there is a smile on their faces as they leave us. Undone, they stand threatening and disturbing our tranquility, and hindering our communion with God. If there be lying before you any bit of work from which you shrink, go straight up to it, and do it at once. The only way to get rid of it is to do it.

-Alexander MacLaren (1826–1910), Scottish preacher

Have a great weekend!
Cj



Oh, yeah! All this to say, There's now a garage full of clothing rolling racks and house goodies so...
If you see this by then, Garage Sale tomorrow morning! 
Saturday October 1st, 7a.m.-11.a.m :)

2 comments:

TerryH said...

Okay I LOVE Ikea and there is one just a couple of miles from my house. I should shop there more but I get lost there. lol Great job.. love the floor.

Carly Jean Brannon said...

I love IKEA too Terry! Too nice that you have one that close?!