Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lori's Salmon Patties

 
If you like crab cakes, you'll love these! This is another fabulous realfood recipe from my friend Lori. I made these for Chad for lunch,  and he flipped. He couldn't stop raving about them :) They're not only tasty, they're packed with wonderful nutrients. And even my two little guys loved them. They truly are delish!
I added about 10 basil leaves,1 teaspoon of garlic powder and lemon pepper into the salmon mixture, just for a little kick :) And I only used two packs of salmon. I served them on top of an organic mixes green salad, filled with raw veggies, tossed in a papaya dressing. 

Here's the recipe off her blog Faith, Family, Food:
  Enjoy! Cj


Salmon Pattie

Sorry guys, but no picture of this meal this time! I'm trying to learn how to take pictures of food from The Pioneer Woman, but its a slow process. The pics we took just don't do the food justice and these are too yummy. I learned a fabulous trick from Giada De Laurentiis on Food TV when making salmon patties and it really does help! I have made salmon patties numerous times and I always get frustrated when I begin to fry them in the skillet. They always fell apart! ugggg! Well, one day Giada was cooking salmon patties and I learned that she puts them in the refrigerator for one hour before frying them. They totally stick together! Woo hoo...oh the little things that excite me now days. Thank you Giada for solving the salmon patty fall apart mystery for me. So, this is a super easy and fast recipe and I always keep salmon in the pantry for "uh, what am I going to cook tonight" meal. Enjoy

Salmon Patties

Ingredients:

3-4 large packages of Wild Caught Salmon. (This can be found in the tuna aisle. I prefer the salmon packaged in water and not oil. You will have to look closely on the package, but it should say if it is wild caught or farm raised.)

¼ cup of mayonnaise (I use Spectrum Omega 3 with flack seed mayonnaise. I have found this at whole foods and Kroger’s)

2 fresh basil leaves finely chopped (optional. If it’s in season, and I have it, then I definitely use it!)

1 t herbamare seasoning (by A. Vogel, this is just an herb seasoning salt and can be used in place of salt. If you don’t have this, simply use salt

1 cup finely crushed kamut or spelt flakes (substitute bread crumbs if you don’t have these) I keep this in the freezer and use it as needed! This saves lots of time.

½ cup olive oil 

Directions:
1. Pour the kamut flakes onto a large dinner plate and set aside.
2. Combine salmon, mayonnaise, basil, and seasonings all together in a bowl. Mix well and form into desired size patties. This is where it can get a little difficult because these are not super easy to form into patties. Just keep working with it and you will get them to form.
3. After you form a patty, place it onto the plate. Don’t touch the flakes because it will make a mess on your hands and then you end up washing your hands in between each patty. Continue until all the patties are made.
4. Then you will gently cover the patties in the flakes.
5. Place patties in refrigerator for 1 hour…if you are in a time crunch, you can place them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
6. Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Place patties in skillet and cook each side until golden in color. Remove and place on a paper towl. Serve with desired veggies!

1 comment:

Benny said...

The effect is an instant full head of hair extensions sale that can be changed in a matter of minutes. However, it is not recommended that you sleep overnight in your clip in hair extensions as this can damage natural and extension hair. As you would expect, demand for extension products evolves according to lasting hair trends. At present real hair extensions are available in highlighted form and 'ombre' or dip-dyed, a look favoured by many celebrities. Most manufacturers offer tens of different hues to help match your desired hair colour. It is vital that you use specially-formulated shampoos and conditioners to help extend the life of your tape hair extensions. These will provide extra moisturising properties to help retain the condition of extension hair. Despite most manufacturers allowing the use of heated appliances such as straighteners and hair extensions sale it is normally recommended that you do not exceed 200 degrees celcius.