Wednesday, November 5, 2008

a very needed EWG morning...

This morning was one of those mornings. I was tired. I did not finish my homework for "Every Woman's Grace" ( a woman's Bible study @ church). I was responding terribly to everything and everyone and was trying to find a good excuse not to go. I couldn't find one. So I went. It was such a challenge to my soul. I so desperately needed to be reminded of my sinful heart. I realized I was the one to blame for my sin, not everyone else. I was encouraged to be dependent on God's word for wisdom and help, not myself. I am so thankful for my faithful church that is committed to making me more like Christ. Here are a couple of the points...enjoy!

1. Don't underestimate the seriousness of sin.
- our biggest problem is we don't believe our sin is as evil as it is.
2. Be suspicious of your own spirituality.
- don't forget your heart is deceitful above all else. Jeremiah 17:9
3. Purpose and Promise God you do not want to sin.
- Psalm 119:106, you must be determined to not sin, ask God to keep you from temptation.
4. Be immediately repentant when you sin.
-name it out loud! If not you'll do it again.
5. Continually pray for divine help.
- we can't do it on our own! Depend on God!
6. Meditate on God's word and worship all day long.
7. Confess your sin to others.
- we need help and accountability!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing that! I needed it too. I've struggled lately with having the same attitude you described and I knew it was because of my lack of dependance on God and to sum it up, just allowing sin to be in my life and not truely repenting of it. Anyways, He has been faithful to bring random things into my life to convict me- people's comments at Bible study regarding their own sin, and now, your blog. God is so good! Pressing on.