This morning was one of those mornings. I was tired. I did not finish my homework for "Every Woman's Grace" ( a woman's Bible study @ church). I was responding terribly to everything and everyone and was trying to find a good excuse not to go. I couldn't find one. So I went. It was such a challenge to my soul. I so desperately needed to be reminded of my sinful heart. I realized I was the one to blame for my sin, not everyone else. I was encouraged to be dependent on God's word for wisdom and help, not myself. I am so thankful for my faithful church that is committed to making me more like Christ. Here are a couple of the points...enjoy!
1. Don't underestimate the seriousness of sin.
- our biggest problem is we don't believe our sin is as evil as it is.
2. Be suspicious of your own spirituality.
- don't forget your heart is deceitful above all else. Jeremiah 17:9
3. Purpose and Promise God you do not want to sin.
- Psalm 119:106, you must be determined to not sin, ask God to keep you from temptation.
4. Be immediately repentant when you sin.
-name it out loud! If not you'll do it again.
5. Continually pray for divine help.
- we can't do it on our own! Depend on God!
6. Meditate on God's word and worship all day long.
7. Confess your sin to others.
- we need help and accountability!